- To design and implement courses on law, Islamic law, Islamic banking and continuing legal education.
- To undertake studies on law and law related issues, and to publish books, periodicals, journals, law reports and other material.
- To prepare, and cause to be prepared, high quality commentaries and annotated works on various laws.
- To issue restatements of the law in the light of court decisions, and other legal developments, as well as to report on areas in need of law reform pursuant to international treaties, declarations, protocols and conventions.
- To undertake translations into English and local languages of legal and business documents including material on Islamic law both classical and modern.
- To set up and develop law and business related databases and document retrieval systems and to employ, for this purpose, all types of information technology.
- To provide consultancy services for law related projects, Islamic law and Islamic banking, and commercial law and commerce in general and to provide shari`ah audit services to Islamic banks, financial institutions and business organizations.
- To establish and run educational and professional testing services, especially in the area of law and business.
- To collaborate with institutions of legal learning in providing guidance to individuals seeking higher learning in law and Islamic law.
- To collaborate with national and international institutes and institutions for the promotion of the above objectives.
© Advanced Legal Studies Institute